Saturday, May 1, 2010

You just think you do.

It drives me crazy when people say they need a boyfriend or they need a girlfriend. No, you don't. Water, is a need, shelter is a need, food is a need. A boyfriend or a girlfriend is not a need, it's a want. You do not need another person to be complete, you are the only one who can make you complete. I kinda started this in my last rant, but I think it's a topic that needed it's own rant, because I hear people all the time. "I need a girlfriend", or "I need a boyfriend", or "I'm only happy when I am with someone". The only reason you're only happy when you're with someone is because someone filled your head with a bunch of crap! I may not be happy all the time, heck I may be miserable a lot, but it's not because I'm single, being with someone isn't going to make me magically happy. I was raised to be independent. My mom told me that the day I had to count on a guy for anything is the day I lose myself. I'm the only one that I can count on to take care of me. Don't get me wrong, I'm not one of those feminist women that won't let a guy do anything for me, because believe me, there's nothing wrong with a guy doing things for me, I'm just not going to count on them. I've been on my own for 3 years, and I've always been single. I pay the rent, I provide food, phone, internet, a car, insurance (on the apt and car) and anything else that is necessary for survival. I clean and I keep my fish alive and swimming. There is NO guy here to do that for me. Some male company is nice from time to time but this is MY home, not anyone else can claim it. No One will tell me where I can go, who I can hang out with or talk to, or how anything needs to be. I work hard for my money and I''ll be damned if I'm going to start needing a guy now. So basically what I'm saying is no, you don't need a guy. You need to be yourself, not part of a couple every minute. Have your own thoughts and opinions and not be influenced by anyone else. Make your own life choices and know the value of being able to say "I did that". Everything is always more appreciated when you earn them on your own. And please, don't end a perfectly good relationship to go out and forge a path in single-dom, but make sure that you both understand that you need independent selves as well as together selves. We were all born separate human beings (well most of us!!) and so we were not meant to become a single person when in a relationship. Remember, you don't Need someone else, you want them.

No comments:

Post a Comment